Hi everyone! My name is Naomi, and I am a self confessed kimono enthusiast with a deep passion for antique kimono. I am also the founder of ImmortalGeisha.com, the world’s first and largest English language, international website and message board dedicated specifically to kimono, geisha and traditional Japanese arts.
I have always had a life long passion for traditional Japanese aesthetics, but over the years, my interests have shifted specifically to pre-war kimono and fashion, namely:
- Kimono being worn as an everyday garment,
- Historical kimono fashion trends,
- Historical kimono home sewing and mottainai (re-use/recycle),
- Fluidity of kitsuke prior to kitsuke schools,
- Western influence in Japanese fashion during late 19th century and early 20th century,
- Obsolete textile techniques and kimono types,
- Traditional seasonal motifs and colour combinations.
The one area I am particularly passionate about, however, is with Taisho Romance and Showa Retro fashion. Not only do I collect pieces primarily from this time frame, I also practice kitsuke in Taisho Roman style.
Originally from Brisbane, Australia, I now reside in the USA and actively participate in local taiko, traditional dancing and kimono groups along with maintaining the ImmortalGeisha.com community and other international kimono projects.
I enjoy hearing from people all around the world, so please do not hesitate to contact me!